The Spring Equinox
What Rituals Should You Partake In?
The Spring Equinox, also referred to as, Ostara, is occurring March 19th through the 23rd. The themes of this time revolve around new beginnings, taking action, balance, renewal, and exciting doors opening.
The Spring Equinox has been celebrated for a long time as a period of growing energy. The mythology originated with a belief that the Goddess was regaining power and even becoming fertile again after the cold and long winter. Because this energy is so potent and powerful, there are some rituals you can partake in to utilize this energy in your favor.
The Birch Tree Boosting Spell
After the long and seemingly stagnant winter months, sometimes we need to supercharge our energy as we move into a more active spring. This spell is a great spell to utilize to get yourself off the couch and into the right mindset and high vibration to take on the new beginnings that the spring offers. Birch trees are generally connected to the Spring Equinox among Pagan and Celtic beliefs. They are one of the first trees to begin to show signs of spring after the winter.
How do you perform this spell?
- Write down a manifestation for what you would like this spring energy to super charge into the universe and make a reality for you
- Have a seat under your local Birch tree and ruminate over what you wrote down. Picture it in your mind’s eye. Feel what it would feel like for this manifestation to come true.
- Bury the paper you wrote your manifestation on among the roots of the tree.
- Leave an offering for the Birch tree. This can be anything from a lovely bead, carving, crystals or a piece of food. If you can handmake the offering, even better!
- After the offer, sit back and ask the Birch tree to offer you a leaf. This might present itself as a branch catching your eye and you feeling compelled to pick one, or one falling off the tree and drifting ot the ground.
- Keep this leaf! Place it on your alter or somewhere else that is sacred to you.
Cleanse for one day
If the Birch tree spell isn’t quite your vibe, that’s totally ok. There is still the cleanse option for you to utilize. Your body, attention and presence is the most naturally witchy part about everyone. Doing. A Spring Equinox cleanse for one day may be the right move for you.
You know your body the best, therefore, you should be able to assess if this is the right option for you and your lifestyle. There are a few options for this cleanse as well. You can do a single juice cleanse, eat raw foods, cut out processed junk, or fast completely from sunup to sundown. You can also give gratitude to food you do eat throughout the day for this cleanse as well.
This cleanse is ultimately guided by your intention. Keep your intention at the surface of this cleanse and you will reap the rewards.
The Goddess of Eostre is here for you
If you have not heard of Eostre, she is a German Goddess of the Spring from ancient times. She has always been celebrated in Europe every spring and this festival was eventually morphed into what we now refer to as Easter. Eostre’s energy can help you find energy, motivation, and even a little divine intervention to clear any of your personal blocks. This ritual is how you can invoke her and her energy.
- One white candle
- Pedals from a fragrant flower
- 3 eggs
- A large mixing bowl
How do you perform this spell?
- The most important step is centering yourself for this ritual.
- Light the white candle and speak the following:
You of the Spring and Light
I ask for a fresh start
A new beginning, to take flight”
- Grab the eggs and hold them in your hands while you tell Eostre about your life and what exactly you want to change.
- Take a deep breath and visualize this new beginning you are manifesting. Let yourself feel those exciting and positive emotions.
- Crack one egg into the mixing bowl while saying, “I am renewed.”
- Crack the next egg into the bowl while speaking out loud, “I am reborn.”
- Finally, crack the third egg into the bowl while speaking, “I am transformed.”
- Now, say out loud, “Eostre, I feel your energy move through me and I start afresh!”
- Most importantly, thank Eostre for her attention and energy by sprinkling the pedals on the ground and blow out the candle.
- The eggs that you cracked in the bowl are now charged with Eostre’s energy so you can eat them with gratitude. If you do not wish to eat them, you can bury them in fresh soil where they will symbolize your new beginning by fortifying the soil.
The Spring Equinox is a time for opening yourself up to the new beginnings that the universe has to offer you and utilizing these rituals can help you get yourself what you desire in the coming months.